- How expensive your product/service is
- How complex your product/service is
- How your brand is perceived
- How your market sector is perceived
For example, when selling complex pension products is is of paramount importance to give as much information as possible at the beginning of the marketing purchase funnel backed by independent research and customer testimonies. Once trust is established, you can move the the next stage of giving specific advice and recommendations about how great your products are. The sale is a long-drawn out process which could take a matter of months.
Contrast this with a free trial for a magazine subscription and you can normally skip the first stage and move straight into the recommendation phase by focusing on the value of the offer. You can expect this level of sale to complete in a matter of hours.
To summarise - the marketing funnel for consumer purchases looks something like this:
- Give valid product information (build trust)
- Recommend product USP's (why you're the best)
- Close the deal
But above all, if you only need to remember one thing - Love your Leads - you won't go far wrong!