Performance Marketing must be one of the most scrutinised areas of modern marketing. One day you are weeding out lead fraud and validation issues and others you are constantly tinkering with optimisation options to extract more conversions from the same budget. Every day could be good, bad or indifferent. This is a daily grind or a daily pleasure, depending how well you are doing!
For Performance Marketing Executives to manage their time effectively and be successful, it is vital to streamline and automate as many lead marketing tasks as possible:
- Set auto volume caps and quality thresholds by publisher and channel to optimise performance
- Loop back real-time sales information rather than chase people for spreadsheets that have to be reformatted anyway
- Experiment with staggered trigger welcome email frequency rather than blasting manually at unplanned times
- Use API's to take real-time feeds into the database to save on manual uploads and internal IT resource
- Create a repository of email/banner/co-reg creatives that be easily modified and reskined for different campaigns
- Use tracking technology that requires as little manual intervention as possible
With these elements taking care of themselves it will free up more time where the real world experience and gut-feel of a true performance marketer can make the biggest impact i.e. the fun stuff!