Don't be tempted to simply cut your way to your CPA target by negotiating down your leads costs and employing cheaper marketing tactics. Instead, put your lead generation campaign on Detox by giving it the five point health-check:
- Creative - Time to freshen-up advert copy, email creative, subject lines and from addresses
- Relevance - Are your prospects still as interested in the 2011 brand proposition?
- Audience - Tighten up the targeting to remove dead wood that's bringing down responses
- Incentive - Is that 5% off really pulling in the punters in todays aggressive discounted markets
- Conversion - Analyse leaks in the follow-up process from tele-script, email copy to DM pack that can cause those sales to fall through at the final hurdle
Put this plan into action and come Spring you'll be enjoying the results of a fresher more effective campaign.